ORGANISATIONS > BCA

Vote Rostam!!!

(1/24) > >>

Badlad:
Well I would. 

The BCA AGM is this weekend with two candidates standing for chairman.  Rostam is by far the best to lead the association forward IMO.  He's young (ish), engaged and a devout moderniser.  He is politically astute to all of BCA's weird and wonderful ways and has a deep understanding of the constitution, rule book and policies. 

He's a medical doctor, of course, so potentially a life saver amongst the usual elderly BCA council member  ;) ;D

Give him a chance  :beer2:

Good luck Rostam from me.  I might even rejoin BCA if you get in  ;D

Oceanrower:
Personally I don’t care who gets the job, I long ago gave up on politics in organisations.

But I do find it VERY off that an administrator (and, I believe, owner) of the biggest caving website in the UK feels it appropriate to endorse one candidate over the other.

You may well claim it’s your own personal opinion but the word “administrator” clearly shows under your user name.

Badlad:
Thanks for the endorsement Oceanrower.  I don't have any connection to BCA anymore and think I am entitled to my opinion after all the thousands of hours I have spent volunteering for British caving.  Go Rostam is my opinion.

PeteHall:

--- Quote from: Oceanrower on October 08, 2021, 08:57:29 pm ---But I do find it VERY off that an administrator (and, I believe, owner) of the biggest caving website in the UK feels it appropriate to endorse one candidate over the other. 

--- End quote ---

Because (owners of) media organisations should not hold (political) opinions?   :shrug:

That's certainly a new one  :lol:

NewStuff:
If the BCA wants to move forward, it needs to keep the people that want change in. If other people want that change to happen, they're going to post about it. Tim is as entitled to hold and express his view/choice as any other person. To say otherwise is depriving them of a choice, vote or voice, and *that* is the "off" way of thinking. I may as well say you can't have an opinion because you like beige jumpers, it makes just as little sense.

And if Rostam does get in, that's enough of an indication that the BCA has changed for the better that I'll personally rejoin.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version