Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Peak District / Re: Peak District Rigging Guide. CCPC
« Last post by wellyjen on Today at 07:03:27 pm »
It isn't ideal, but at the moment it is the earliest and only record we've seen of what the discovers intended to name it. It could well just be a spellling mishtake by whoever draw up the survey. You can imagine how different people writing about the cave subsequently interpreted the word as either stalactite, or stalagmite, possibly without even realising they were misreading what was on the survey. People see what they expect to see, leading to confusion ever since. Any way, I do like the idea of mentally tripping people up when they see the topo!
Caving Chat / Re: Cracking pictures on / in the New Descent
« Last post by Pitlamp on Today at 07:01:48 pm »
Is it Mayday on the front cover?

Yes, it's a prussiking shot, backlit. Really, really good!

:)
Caving Chat / Re: Cracking pictures on / in the New Descent
« Last post by Badlad on Today at 07:00:56 pm »
Is it Mayday on the front cover?
Peak District / Re: Peak District Rigging Guide. CCPC
« Last post by mikem on Today at 05:42:53 pm »
As it's the earliest reference it's probably best to leave it on the topo, as otherwise the multiple different names are likely to continue - good to aim for consistency, even if it's not actually correct.
Caving Chat / Cracking pictures on / in the New Descent
« Last post by Pitlamp on Today at 04:58:30 pm »
Just got my copy - the picture (of a certain well known person on this forum) on the front cover, is inspired! I suspect Wilf Taylor would have been blown away by the image of a Red Rose member on the rear cover. Well done Mark Burkey and Bill Nix! There's plenty of superb pictures inside the magazine too. Looks like this evening will be occupied by having a right good read, as it's very much a Dales-focussed edition.  :)
The Dales / Calling instructors at Marrick Priory
« Last post by Pitlamp on Today at 04:17:13 pm »
I'm trying to get in contact with someone who does instructing at Marrick Priory. I'm just after some information about a cave in Swaledale which I think you use regularly with instructed groups.

If anyone can help, please could you send me a PM?

Thanks.
Lost & Found / Re: Lost Ecrin Roc and Scurion - Devis Mine Swaledale
« Last post by Pitlamp on Today at 02:53:22 pm »
I think I've now sorted this out for him. IanP deserves thanks, as he also helped.
Surveying / Re: Disto modifications
« Last post by Benfool on Today at 02:50:29 pm »
Hi Belkasem

I've just replied to your email.

In short, I'm pretty sure the Distox2 boards are no longer available, so you can no longer modify a Leica X310 into a Distox2. The last I heard, Oliver Landolt was making a small batch of boards, but I'm not sure if he has any remaining. His contact details are on Beat Heeb's website, here: https://paperless.bheeb.ch/

B
Surveying / Re: Disto modifications
« Last post by mrdetail on Today at 02:12:04 pm »
Can you expand on what modification(S) you are trying to make? I’ve only built one distox, so I can’t profess to have much experience, but maybe if knew what you wanted advice on then maybe I too encountered the same :) plenty of us on here probably in similar position.
BCA LCMLA and CIC Schemes / New LCMLA Update Workshop Created
« Last post by yrammy on Today at 01:50:46 pm »
An LCMLA update workshop has been set up for 15th September 2021 in Northern England.
To book your place you need to use the new online QMS system. If you have not engaged with that yet please email me.

Mary

trainadmin@british-caving.org.uk
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal