Author Topic: Cave Science Workshops  (Read 999 times)

Offline Pegasus

• NCC
  • Administrator
  • forum hero
Cave Science Workshops
« on: February 22, 2018, 02:12:28 pm »

Offline JoW

• addict
Re: Cave Science Workshops
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2018, 06:18:06 pm »
If anyone would like to come that isn't yet a BCRA member it's not difficult or expensive to join, if you're already a BCA member it'll cost you up to £17 to add on the BCRA membership and as little as £2.50 if you're a full time student - a bargain to be able to attend these cave science workshops and all our other events :)

Offline Andy Farrant

• addict
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2018, 09:03:49 pm »
I'm helping to run the South Wales workshop. No prior experience of cave science or geology needed, just a willingness to observe and discuss ideas. The plan for the weekend partly depends on numbers and experience of the group, but I intend to run a trip into OFD2 to show how much we can learn about cave development and past environments just from looking at the cave and any sediments/deposits. No ropes or SRT kit required.

https://www.signupgenius.com/go/60b0f44aea72caafc1-south

Offline rmd116

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2018, 12:56:04 pm »
Hi, just wondering how is best to get to the SWCC on this weekend? My friend and I (both Imperial college caving club members) have signed up for the Biology workshop and will be travelling from London. Any help would be great! ;D

Online nobrotson

• Wob Rotson, ULSA
  • menacing presence
  • This not bono. Why the plastic fruit?
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2018, 01:15:01 pm »
do you have a car? if not, then organising some kind of car share with some other students from a different university would be a good idea. Reading, Oxford, Cardiff are all en route via train or bus. Get onto the CHECC facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/groups/checc/) and ask around.
the man is mentally ill. I have seen him eat a plastic pie.

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search