TECHNICAL FORUMS > Equipment

Hand Jammer

(1/3) > >>

tamarmole:
The time is fast approaching when I need to replace my handled Petzl Jammer.  My thoughts are to go with the same again (if it's not broken don't fix it).  However is there anything out there that is worth a look before I press the button on the Petzl?

pwhole:
I switched to a Basic years ago and found it far more useful as it was so much smaller, and didn't get jammed up in stuff when I was crawling about. And the fact that you can always reach the cam no matter how far you've stretched it! That said, the teeth were soft as shit on the new model and I got through two in two years, though I was doing digging + SRT every weekend, which is always going to be rougher. I'd had such good results from the Turbo Chest that I decided to give the Camp version of the Basic a go (Solo 2), and so far it's been fine - it's smaller but a bit heavier than the Basic and if the teeth are as tough as the Turbo Chest's, it should have a decent lifespan. Still have to use the handled ones for work though.

Fulk:
I'm with pwhole on this – I much prefer the non-handled version . . . but still, I guess that's a matter for personal preference.

Ian Ball:
I switched to a basic from an ascension too, purely as a way of reducing the weight and bulk of my srt kit.  I had an older style one I'd not used so put it into use and I can't actually remember why I bought an ascension to start with now.

I think my next purchase might be a Kong Futura, that looks interesting.

Mark Wright:

--- Quote from: Fulk on October 06, 2020, 08:36:13 am ---I'm with pwhole on this – I much prefer the non-handled version . . . but still, I guess that's a matter for personal preference.

--- End quote ---

Me too for both work and play.

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version