Author Topic: Covid 19  (Read 12571 times)

Offline Cap'n Chris

• forum hero
Re: Covid 19
« Reply #225 on: January 11, 2021, 05:27:58 pm »
We've already had it. Yours sincerely, The Idiot.

Interesting timing of a hoax police answerphone message on my mobile today which arrived shortly after posting this. I wonder if it was linked to my posting(s) here. If so, I do know people's full names, but I'm not into doxxing and consider it evil in the extreme. If the intention was/is to intimidate me then you can win that one - I'm not going to cry about avoiding this forum. In retrospect I think it's probably just best all round if I avoid the rabid lynch mob mentality which my input seems to jostle into a fevered state, so I shall bow out for a long time. Bye everyone. Stay safe, hide at home and keep sane ;-)

Offline NewStuff

• Vocal proponent of Open Access
  • junky
  • www.dddwhcc.com
    • Deep Dark Dirty WetHoles
« Reply #226 on: January 11, 2021, 08:42:10 pm »
We've already had it. Yours sincerely, The Idiot.

Interesting timing of a hoax police answerphone message on my mobile today which arrived shortly after posting this. I wonder if it was linked to my posting(s) here. If so, I do know people's full names, but I'm not into doxxing and consider it evil in the extreme. If the intention was/is to intimidate me then you can win that one - I'm not going to cry about avoiding this forum. In retrospect I think it's probably just best all round if I avoid the rabid lynch mob mentality which my input seems to jostle into a fevered state, so I shall bow out for a long time. Bye everyone. Stay safe, hide at home and keep sane ;-)

Understand this in crystal clear terms, given you replied to your answer to me...

I do not know your phone number. I am not interested in your phone number, nor would I call like that. If I want to discuss something of that nature, that badly, I do it face to face. You're simply not that important though kiddo.I suggest you reflect on that, as actions and words have consequences, as you're finding out.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2021, 09:01:16 am by Badlad, Reason: Approved as a right of response but one sentence removed with the swearing. »
Permission? Wassat den?

Offline Duck ditch

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #227 on: January 11, 2021, 09:12:58 pm »
Well I thought Chris had a poor argument.  I don’t know what doxxing is? 

I’m praising a government that I didn’t vote for and dislike, rolling out of the vaccine is going well. Although I’m not keen on the ‘we are doing better than everyone else’ attitude.  Pride before a fall and all that.
I agree with Chris’s last sentence.  Just changing one word and the sarcasm.    Stay safe , stay at home, keep sane.
I hope he heeds his own words.
Shame he’s gone though.  Come back.

Offline RobinGriffiths

• forum hero
« Reply #228 on: January 11, 2021, 09:37:31 pm »
I don’t know what doxxing is? 

Sounds like some unsavoury sexual practice described in the Viz Profanisaurus.

Offline RobinGriffiths

• forum hero
« Reply #229 on: January 11, 2021, 10:49:45 pm »
Actually, it appears to be quite a bit more sinister than my flippant previous post.

Offline Duck ditch

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #230 on: January 12, 2021, 07:23:19 am »
I’ve just googled doxxing.
Anyway it ain’t me. The only thing I know about Chris is that he wears a cap. 

Fingers crossed that the government don’t do a bit more of the ‘jobs for my mates and family’  sketch.  On the role out of the vaccine.  I’m sure they could do 24/7 or near to it,if they got the staff.  Hancock says no demand?  Well I’d go any time.  It’s not that anyone cant go because they are a going to the cinema.

Offline RobinGriffiths

• forum hero
« Reply #231 on: January 12, 2021, 09:24:41 am »
At least the haven't put Baroness Dido Harding in charge of vaccination. (yet)

Offline oldfart

« Reply #232 on: January 12, 2021, 09:49:50 am »
At least the haven't put Baroness Dido Harding in charge of vaccination. (yet)

or Gavin Alexander Williamson.

Online pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #233 on: January 12, 2021, 07:30:59 pm »
It's Tuesday, so it's Marina Hyde, and a real classic. Funny and deadly serious at the same time - very good stuff:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2021/jan/12/boris-johnson-cycling-7-miles-downing-street-pandemic

So you have to ask in whose interests it is to suggest lawlessness is rife and everywhere. It’s definitely in the interests of newspapers, who have to fill their pages and webspace with something or other, and may even have run out of very boring writers to wet their pants about TV shows they approve or disapprove of. And so it is that photographers who might have previously snapped celebrities or exciting events have adapted and found that pictures taken on beaches or in parks with telephoto lenses can be very saleable, given the images make individuals look bunched up, when in fact they are much more reasonably spaced apart.

Spreads of these pictures have adorned the Daily Mail and others this week, and throughout the tougher months of the pandemic last year. Faced with these flagrant breaches of the rules/unhelpful visual tricks, you can see why people tell pollsters they want to see even more draconian restrictions. Their view seems to be shared by Labour leader Keir Starmer, whose incredible paranormal gift is being able to see three-quarters of a single news cycle into the future.

Online droid

• forum hero
  • WMRG
« Reply #234 on: January 13, 2021, 03:19:07 pm »
Daily Mail rabblerousing.

Who'd have thought it..... ::)
No longer 'Exceptionally antagonistic' 'Deliberately inflammatory'

Offline RobinGriffiths

• forum hero
« Reply #235 on: January 15, 2021, 02:22:00 am »
The Daily M*il is a right old tw*t. They've been doing articles along the lines of 'new restrictions coming in' whilst infections, hospitalisations, deaths are decreasing for almost an year now. Every Lockdown, the Mail reckons we are on the verge of emerging from it when it begins.

Online ChrisJC

• Funky
  • forum hero
    • http://www.cowdery.org.uk
« Reply #236 on: January 15, 2021, 06:39:56 am »
I had to go out yesterday for a 140 mile drive (for work). I was gobsmacked at the amount of traffic. During Lockdown #1, the roads were deserted.
Yesterday they were pretty much normal (as much as I can remember normal!).

It struck me therefore that this lockdown is just not being respected, which is why cases are out of control.

Boris and his chums keep applying more and more restrictions, but people are just ignoring en-masse.

At this rate it will be over soon, vaccine or no vaccine.

Chris.
--
http://www.cowdery.org.uk
Mines, caves,
Land Rovers

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #237 on: January 15, 2021, 07:59:17 am »
Whilst you say that, it's still only 5% of the population that have tested positive (nowhere near enough to provide herd immunity) & almost 5% have been vaccinated (there is probably a slight overlap in these numbers too). However, the number of new cases per day has started to come down - so seems Xmas wasn't a super spread event - & deaths look like they have also peaked:
https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/

Online Speleofish

• addict
« Reply #238 on: January 15, 2021, 10:17:06 am »
I hope you're right! I agree the number of cases looks as if it may have peaked and may be starting to come down. However, I'd like to see a more prolonged downwards trend before getting too excited, especially as we haven't yet seen the full effect of the new variant outside the south-east. I'm not sure one can say that deaths have levelled off yet. Again, we need a longer observation period.

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #239 on: January 15, 2021, 10:58:52 am »
Indeed, but we are far enough after Christmas that we can discount it having had the effect that people were worried about.

Offline NewStuff

• Vocal proponent of Open Access
  • junky
  • www.dddwhcc.com
    • Deep Dark Dirty WetHoles
« Reply #240 on: January 15, 2021, 04:32:23 pm »
... especially as we haven't yet seen the full effect of the new variant outside the south-east.

North Wales (Wrexham, Flintshire) is getting hammered with it if reports are accurate.
Permission? Wassat den?

Offline Duck ditch

• obsessive maniac
« Reply #241 on: January 15, 2021, 08:07:44 pm »
The peak seems to be caused by shopping for christmas.  There was a lot of pressure at Christmas in the end to not get together.  I think people took heed.  Let’s hope the infections start to drop. 

Offline StealthYak

« Reply #242 on: January 16, 2021, 09:21:50 am »
Indeed, but we are far enough after Christmas that we can discount it having had the effect that people were worried about.

The JBC recon 6 to 8 weeks before impacts show up in national results- so I wouldn't count your turkeys yet

Online Speleofish

• addict
« Reply #243 on: January 16, 2021, 10:00:37 am »
The thing I find most concerning in the JBC (Joint Biosecurity Centre - Porton Down) data is the small percentage of new variant cases outside England up to 2nd Jan (most English cases seem to be new variant). Northern Ireland is nearly 50:50. Wales had very few new variant cases and they were in a minority in Scotland.

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #244 on: January 16, 2021, 10:05:17 am »
The JBC recon 6 to 8 weeks before impacts show up in national results- so I wouldn't count your turkeys yet
When did they make that statement, as it was certainly true before test results came online? - I'm not so sure it is now...

Online pwhole

• forum hero
  • TSG, DCA, PDMHS
    • Phil Wolstenholme website
« Reply #245 on: January 16, 2021, 12:19:31 pm »
Sky News ran a feature this morning on the vaccination programme in Indonesia. They're using SinoVac, the Chinese vaccine, and they're inoculating the other way around - as in the young first, as they're the drivers of the economy, and then the old and the more 'risky'. The total opposite to us. They do have a younger demographic and a relative economic disadvantage to us - and a giant mega-economy trying to buy them up and keep them 'Eastern', so it's going to be an interesting 'experiment' - watch this space.

Offline StealthYak

« Reply #246 on: January 16, 2021, 01:22:02 pm »
When did they make that statement, as it was certainly true before test results came online? - I'm not so sure it is now...
I got of from a friend who heads up one of the coordination roles there.  The test results might be quicker, but it still takes a long time for the effects of policy to  ripple through the population.

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #247 on: January 16, 2021, 03:55:01 pm »
Yes, again most policies do, but I think Xmas shutdown was probably better observed than most. I do agree that we won't know for sure for a while longer.

Offline al

• forum star
« Reply #248 on: January 16, 2021, 04:58:52 pm »
Yes, again most policies do, but I think Xmas shutdown was probably better observed than most. I do agree that we won't know for sure for a while longer.
Might have been better observed where you live, but it was mobbed with tourists here in High Peak for the whole of the Xmas week. No pubs, no cafes, just enormous "family" groups blocking the roads with their cars and crowding the paths and lanes.
Old ... but not old enough to know any better

Online mikem

• forum hero
  • Mendip Caving Group
« Reply #249 on: January 16, 2021, 05:43:11 pm »
Indeed, but did they mix with the locals or keep to themselves?

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal