WHERE THE CAVES ARE - The Caving Regions > Wales

Bad air / pollution / bad bolts / etc

(1/3) > >>

bubba:

This topic only for updates on current alerts. Keep all discussion regarding any particular alert to seperate topics please.

John S:
Agen Allwedd

It seems that after a 50mm downpour on 4th Sept 09, Biza Passage has been reported as being sumped. This is the first time for decade or more!
On investigation (12/10/09) I found Lower Main Stream Passage had had a 1.2m high flood through it. (foam levels) Unfortunately I was unable to get to Biza Passage to confirm if it was sumped.

Could anyone trying a Grand Circle bear this in mind and confirm or deny the report.

John S:

--- Quote from: John S on October 15, 2009, 05:10:19 pm ---Agen Allwedd

It seems that after a 50mm downpour on 4th Sept 09, Biza Passage has been reported as being sumped. This is the first time for decade or more!
On investigation (12/10/09) I found Lower Main Stream Passage had had a 1.2m high flood through it. (foam levels) Unfortunately I was unable to get to Biza Passage to confirm if it was sumped.

Could anyone trying a Grand Circle bear this in mind and confirm or deny the report.

--- End quote ---

This has now been checked out (thanks Bob T.) and the round trip is open but tide lines show that it had sumped !

ditzy:
http://www.aditnow.co.uk/community/viewtopic.aspx?t=3936
report of adit collapse and big cracks appearing above quarry face at maenofferen, cookes adit
these pics are from ages ago, this area is now very unstable if still there and best to stay well away

jaswa:
 Afon Meirchion Cave (Lower) - grid ref: SJ 022 694

During trip on Monday 12th July 2010, Gas Alarm went off with O2 level at 19.2% at start of first sand crawl.  H2s, CO and H2S were all zero.

2 other individuals who had already passed through the crawl and proceeded approx another 30m returned ok. 1 member reported slight headache, other member had no side effects. No reading were taken further into the cave than the first sand crawl, but general concusses was that the levels were well below 19 further in the system.

Sand had been disturbed and the system was dry at the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Main Menu

Forum Home Help Search
Go to full version